Tuesday 10 June 2014

Saveur - Affordable French Cuisine

French cuisine is always known as the "expensive" type of food to many, and I'm never much of a frequent diner to french cuisine except for maybe escargots or foie gras which I only ate once in a while.

I saw the variety show on TV about this budget french cuisine and mum decided to date me for lunch one day when she was on leave. I heard that there's an outlet at Purvis street and this is the 2nd outlet at Far East Plaza.

I was there on a Monday during lunch break and there was still not much crowd at 11.45am. Gab was joining my mum & me for lunch too. 

Main Entrance of Saveur

Staff was courteous and shown us to the seats where menu were given to us. 

Menu

Mum ordered the Saveur's Pasta ($4.90) as she heard good reviews from her friends. I wanted to order the Salmon Confit ($9.90) but it was not available that day so I ordered the Duck Confit ($12.90) instead and add on a Foie Gras ($7.90). Gab ordered a Lamb Shoulder ($16.90).

Here are the interior of Saveur.




  
Mum's pasta arrived first and it was quite good, but small portion. It tasted quite well, not oily or bland which I like. 

Saveur's Pasta

Foie Gras

Duck Confit

Lamb Shoulder

The Foie Gras was not really fantastic, not as good as the year I had before in Traders Hotel during the Christmas season. The one I had at Traders hotel melt in the mouth, I missed that taste! As for the Duck Confit, it was kind of disappointed. The meat was a little dry but the mashed potato was quite nice. But according to Mummy's friend who went there before, mentioned that the duck confit was good. As for the lamb shoulder, according to Gab, it was good but the portion was small. Well, I guess for French cuisine, it is the standard small portion. That's the reason why I only prefer fine dining once in a long while for the ambience but not the food because surely will 吃不饱. Haha :p 



14 Scotts Road
Far East Plaza #01-07B
Tel: 6736 1121
Mon-Sat: 11.30am-9.30pm
Sun: 11.30am-9pm



**Please note they do not take reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment