Wednesday 21 May 2014

Burpz Cafe in AMK estate

Good news to the peeps living in AMK or northern part of Singapore! A new cafe right in AMK estate, very near to my past Secondary School. Recommended by a friend, nested in the serenity of a neighbourhood, this cafe stands quiet and tranquil.

Perhaps it was only a week old when I went there, there was not much crowd yet. Can you imagine how much I liked it since I went there continuous 2 days in a row?

It was a few bus stops away from where I stayed so I went there the very 1st time with the sister. 

A little cafe at a HDB Block

We were given the menu - on a clipboard. The selections were not much. 




We had to place the orders over the counter and make payment first. Please note that because it is a rather new cafe, therefore they only accept CASH payment at the moment. There were 10% discount for the month of May & June. Oh ya, there is no GST too!

The sister ordered a orange marmalade italian soda ($5) and the Burpz Korean Special Pancakes ($8) while I ordered a cappuccino ($4) and the Burpzperlicious Breakfast feast ($13) which is only available on weekends. 

Orange Marmalade Italian Soda - Refreshing taste which was nice!

Burpzperlicious Breakfast feast

Their bread for Burpzperlicious Breakfast feast for that day was not really to my liking because it's quite dry. They serve different breads on different days. I love the bread served on the 2nd day when I went with the gfs. The hash brown is quite dry & crispy to my liking but the sister finds it oily. 

If I'm not wrong, all the breads are freshly baked by the chefs.
 

Cappuccino which is to my liking

Korean Pancakes

Korean Pancakes with caramelised banana
The sister is one who is quite picky about food, and I'm kind of surprised that she ordered the korean pancakes. She liked it but I find it so-so, because it is a little dry for me. The chopped nuts is crunchy and when you cut open the pancakes, there are banana and nuts filling inside. We are not really a pancake lover, so we can get quite sick of it if we were to finish the whole portion. 

There were not much customers, so I took some photos in the cafe.

Interior of the small cozy cafe

Cakes & Tarts

Freshly baked Breads


 


I love cappuccino!

“有人说爱是种烈酒
会让人失去了左右
Oh Ya~~
我却对爱有种不同感受
我深深的觉得
它像手中Cappuccino
爱情像Cappuccino
浓浓的眷恋泡沫
诱人的气息
多爱不释手
爱是Cappuccino
苦苦的美丽滋味
藏在我心头久久”

Coffee art "I left my heart behind"


I bought a Lemon Meringue tart ($4.50) before heading home. The tart tastes good & refreshing - a very strong taste of lemon, sour yet sweet.

I think this will be another cafe I will frequent often. So I went back again the next day with 2 gfs this time round! :p

The gfs ordered a hot chocolate ($4) and hazelnut latte ($4.50) respectively. I tried the iced cafe latte ($4.50) this time round! I love the coffee from this cafe!

Hot Chocolate

Iced Cafe Latte

Hazelnut Latte

We ordered 3 different types of breakfast. Jia ordered the Burpzperlicious Breakfast feast ($13), Fanni ordered the Smoked Salmon Egg Benedict ($12) and I tried the Burpz's Savoury Beer Tart ($10). I even asked the staffs about this beer tart, and they said it's one of their popular items. 

The egg benedict looks good and is considered cheap among so many cafes

Beer Tart

The beer tart is quite special & unique. It tastes crispy but the mushroom taste was a little strong. I did not manage to finish it. The beer taste was not strong, so not a problem to people who don't take alcohol. If you are a fan of cheese & mushroom, this would probably be for you. 

One more thing - Very friendly staffs with awesome service! :) 

I will be going back to this restaurant again to try the dinner which looks good from their FB page. I'm tempting to try the beer can chicken - a chicken sits on a can of beer! That's interesting, isn't it? :p

*credits to Burpz cafe fb page


Blk 603 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5
#01-2661
Tel: 6456 3376
Tue-Wed: 3pm-9.30pm
Thur-Fri: 11.30am-9.30pm
Sat,Sun & PH: 10.30am-9.30pm
Closed on Monday   

Updates: Burpz Cafe has changed management, it is now known as Hangout Cafe




**You can take bus 138 or 265 from AMK interchange. 

No comments:

Post a Comment