Friday 27 June 2014

Swee Choon Dim Sum (瑞春點心) @ Jalan Besar

Mummy has been raving about Swee Choon dim sum ever since she went to my uncle's hardware store near Swee Choon one of the days and keep psycho-ing me to go there one day for dinner. I have only been to Swee Choon on a Sunday morning in the past and decided to meet mum there after we knocked off from work on a Friday! 

I took bus 65 from the office and alighted at a bus stop in Little India and walk through the small lane over to Jalan Besar side (desker road). 



I dropped by the Uncle's store for a while before walking over to Swee Choon to meet Mum. There was already a long queue outside the shop. I was wondering is it really that nice? Because the best dimsum I had especially the custard bun is at Taste Paradise at Ion Orchard!

Mum let me decide what dimsum to order - I chose custard bun (liushabao) and yam paste (orh ni) and let her decide the rest.

Wide selection of dim sum

They have cooked food too

Here are the food which we ordered:

Lime Juice with Sour Plum

Portugese Egg Tarts

Century Egg Lean Meat Porridge

Hot & Sour Soup

Carrot Cake

Fried vermicelli cake


Liu Sha Bao

Fried Prawn Wanton

Yam Paste



The food was not bad overall, but I feel that the fried vermicelli cake was overrated. :( It doesn't taste as nice as people said it. The custard bun was ok, not the best but still acceptable for me. The congee was so-so and so was the hot & sour soup. The best I liked was the orh-ni (yam paste), not too sweet and I don't get sick of eating it. The taste is just nice to my liking. 

I feel Swee Choon is a little overrated but the price is still acceptable. $32.10 for the 2 of us, slightly cheaper than restaurant. 



183/185/187/189/191 Jalan Besar
Tel: 6225 7788
Mon-Sun: 6pm-6am
Closed on Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment