Thursday 3 July 2014

d'Good Cafe @ Holland Village

So.. I have heard of this cafe from a colleague in the past and so coincidentally a friend arranged to meet at this cafe to catch up over a cuppa of coffee one of the weekends. It is very convenient by the MRT which stops at Holland Village, this cafe is located near The Body Shop. I did not take much photos that time and did not even try their food too.

I went back the 2nd time with the colleagues for dinner on a Friday evening and the food was really good too! 




Stairs to go up to the 2nd & 3rd level

There's a lift too and it's quite funny how the lift operates :p

We decided to take the stairs up to the 3rd level (I did not know there's seats at 2nd level too :p). 

Deco along the way, this dog butt is so cute!

Floral Deco along the way up the stairs

On the left of the stairs, is the outdoor alfresco dining

On the right, is the glass entrance to the seating area

The area is not very big

We managed to get a table for 4. I went down to the 2nd level where the ordering area is to get the menu. 

The following photos are the ordering area of the cafe on 2nd level.









So I grabbed the menu & took picture of the drinks signboard and bring it up to Ching & D who were waiting upstairs (we were waiting for Trevor too). 

Drinks menu

Food menu

Food menu

While browsing the menu, I decided to take the stairs on the other side down to the 2nd level where I discovered another seating area. It was quite pretty and I kept going down to see if there's any tables available.

I love the swinging seats, but it was occupied

Ching & me went down to place orders first and we were lucky to find empty tables on the 2nd level this time round so we moved our barangs barangs down and Trevor also arrived. I ordered the Fresh Sea Prawn Arrabbiata ($16) & Dinner set meal ($22) which consists of Cappuccino (what I want), Portobello Cream pasta (Trevor's), Gelato Chocolate and Soup of the day. D ordered a Fresh Sea Prawn Aglio Oli ($16) & Iced Mocha Frappe ($7.50), Ching ordered the English Breakfast set ($16.50) & a Sunrise drink ($3). Trevor also ordered a Iced Caffe Latte ($6.60). We also ordered a Chicken & Mushroom Pie ($13) and Potato Bacon Salad ($6.50) to share. The bill came up to a total of $107.10 with GST, there's no Service Charge!

Cappuccino - it's good!

Cream of Tomato

Ice Cafe Latte

Iced Mocha Frappe

Sunrise

Fresh Sea Prawn Arrabbiata

Fresh Sea Prawn Aglio Olio

Potato Bacon Salad

Chicken & Mushroom Pie

English Breakfast Set

Portobello Cream Pasta

The food was overall good and so was the drinks. The service could have been better though, but since there's no service charge, so I don't think service would matter much in this cafe. :) 

The very first time I came to this cafe, I tried the cakes too. The red velvet cake ($8) is so-so only, but the chocolate cake ($8) was quite rich and nice! 

Red Velvet Cake

Chocolate cake (I forgotten the actual name)



237 Holland Avenue
#02-01/02
Singapore 278992
Tel: 6219 9807
Sun-Thur: 10am-10pm
Fri & Sat: 10am-11pm


We used to go drinking session in 2011 and haven't done that for so long, so we popped by a bar and drank 3 barrels (6 litres) of beer that night. I did not drink much, it was half mug each time and only drank when I lost the poker game. It was really fun. 

2 litres of beer in this barrel

It was nice to catch up with them

Well, I know friends/colleagues do care about me and say me in their frank tone, if they don't care bout me, they will not bother. Well, I learnt from the past and never to make the same mistake again. I will be my strong and independent self. Thanks for being there for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment