Sunday 31 August 2014

Department of Caffeine

I have heard of much raves of Department of Caffeine about how good the coffee is and the buttermilk waffles too. I've been wanting to try it for months but plans were always postponed due to my busy schedule these few months.

So while one gf was on maternity leave and the other gf was on leave, so I took a day leave too to meetup with them and to do my own stuffs. I suggested the Department of Caffeine so JQ and me took a cab over to meet Nalyn at the cafe. I have made reservations beforehand, in case there was no tables available when we walk in. It's a small quaint cafe with not much lunch crowd on a Monday noon. 



From the exterior entrance of this cafe, one might thought that this is the back door! But this is indeed the front door!

When we first stepped into the cafe, there's not much air-conditioner, and coffee smell was quite strong, not very well ventilated.


Menu

We had a hard time deciding the food. I finally decided on the cappuccino ($5) and Baked Beans & Sausage ($16). Nalyn chose cappuccino too and Smoked Salmon Scramble ($16), while JQ decided on Elderflower Lemonade ($5.50) and Sundried & Tomato Herb Waffle ($17). We also ordered Mushroom Morsels ($7) and Buttermilk Waffles with Butter Rum Banana ($15) to share. There's NO Service Charge & GST too! Thanks Nalyn & JQ for this treat. :)

Buttermilk Waffles with Butter Rum Banana

Baked Beans & Sausage

Smoked Salmon Scramble

Sundried & Tomato Herb Waffle

Cappuccino

Elderflower Lemonade

Mushroom Morsels

I think the food were pretty alright, though I don't really like it. The baked bean combination is a little weird in my opinion, a bit tad sour for me. The cappuccino is good though, I love the coffee so much! As for the much raves of the buttermilk waffles, I think it is normal only. The cinnamon taste is quite strong, and the waffle is not that crispy but the banana rum is quite good though. Overall, this cafe is pretty good for coffee. You can make advance reservation too!









Department of Caffeine
15 Duxton Road
Tel: 6223 3426
 Mon-Fri: 10.30am-7.30pm
Sat-Sun: 9.30am-7.30pm
Close every Wednesday
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment