Wednesday 3 September 2014

2nd Post on November 8 Coffee & Company


I have been to November 8 cafe a number of times after my first visit to this cafe in my last post. It never fail to disappoint me. But when I went there again lately, it kind of disappointed me and I don't think I will be going back there again.

I'm not sure if there's a change of management but there is definitely a change of menu. The food/waffles etc weren't as good as before! :( Me and Mr J had our usual meetup and we decided to go to a nearby cafe on a Friday night. There were tables available at around 8pm, we were so famished by then. We chop chop decided on our food and drinks and I also ordered a waffle for us to share (as I mentioned before their waffles are damn good). 

I ordered a Ice Mocha & November Egg breakfast while MR J ordered a Iced Hazelnut Latte and a Chicken Leg main course. We waited for more than 30 minutes for our food to arrive. I'm ok with the waiting time. When the food comes, and after the first bite, I was a little disappointed. 

Iced Mocha

November Egg


Waffles with Berries Gelato

The waffle was no longer as good as before. I prefer the waffle in the past. The waffle now is no longer crispy, is too soft and the ice cream were not as good as before. I prefer those Taro, Lychee ice cream etc. I hope they can revert back to the past waffles which is really damn good. 

Thanks Mr J for this treat! :) We went for drinking + chit chat session after dinner.









Mr J, I have known you since 2010, after some twists and turns and we know things don't work out/ handle it badly in the past, but I'm glad we are good friends/buddies now. Thank you for always being there for me all these years esp when I'm going through rough patches/quarrels in previous rs, you will always be there when I need you no matter how late it is to meet me and talk at your void deck. I really cherish this friendship. When I need companion for movie or go JB or do whatever, you will always spare time for me! I know when I go out with you, I can always be my comfortable self (i can be rough, talk non-stop, being playful and eat a lot)! Like you said, you will still be you no matter what. Me too, I will be the one who will never change. Should you need help or listening ear, I will be there too! :) Thank you for everything! I can never express how grateful I am to you! :) Our birthday fall on same month and same day, we love man utd etc, all these coincidences made our friendship leap a great step too! I shall see you pretty soon and I hope you cheer up and don't be so stressed in whatever you do! Jiayou ok! Anything, just buzz me :) Cheers to many more years of friendship! 

We may "scold" each other harshly at times but we must know is for each other own good, ok! :)     




The following from Meryl Streep kind of applies to my behaviour nowadays:

“I no longer have patience for certain things, not because I’ve become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste more time with what displeases me or hurts me. I have no patience for cynicism, excessive criticism and demands of any nature. I lost the will to please those who do not like me, to love those who do not love me and to smile at those who do not want to smile at me. I no longer spend a single minute on those who lie or want to manipulate. I decided not to coexist anymore with pretense, hypocrisy, dishonesty and cheap praise. I do not tolerate selective erudition nor academic arrogance. I do not adjust either to popular gossiping. I hate conflict and comparisons. I believe in a world of opposites and that’s why I avoid people with rigid and inflexible personalities. In friendship I dislike the lack of loyalty and betrayal. I do not get along with those who do not know how to give a compliment or a word of encouragement. Exaggerations bore me and I have difficulty accepting those who do not like animals. And on top of everything I have no patience for anyone who does not deserve my patience.” _ Meryl Streep

No comments:

Post a Comment