Saturday 27 September 2014

The Coffee Daily @ Serangoon Garden Estate

For the past one year, I have seen blog posts on this cafe which is famous for their rainbow cake! The address gave me the thought that it's somewhere far away from where I stayed, till I googled it and realised it's in fact in Serangoon area.

I finally saw it when I was taking bus 136 to Kovan one day, it's located 2 bus stops after Chomp Chomp and near the private residential area. After so long, I finally went to try it out after treating the cousin to Shabu Shabu lunch at Heartland mall.

It was not very crowded when I went on a Sunday afternoon. The moment I stepped in, it felt like I'm in the 60s. The cafe's design were pretty unique with several items which I had seen in my grandma's house in the past. 



It's not a very big place either. 








Menus were at the cashier, so the cousin and me walked over to the counter to look at the selections of cakes. The rainbow cake left the last piece, and it costs $10 per slice, not very cheap.







I ordered a Cappuccino ($5) and Rainbow Cake ($10), the sister order a Ice Rich Chocolate ($6.50) and the cousin ordered a Ice Caffe Latte ($6) and a Banana Cake ($6.50).  



There's even old school complimentary biscuits for the customers too, just help yourself to it. :) 


Banana Cake

Cappuccino

Ice Caffe Latte

Ice Rich Chocolate

Rainbow Cake

The cousin & sister liked the Banana cake but not the rainbow cake. The rainbow cake reminded me of the song "Somewhere over the rainbow", it looks good but doesn't taste that well. Maybe it's a little too sweet to us, and I think because of the colorings which made up the rainbow colors. 

Well, the cappuccino is pretty good, not too acidic for me. This is a good place to chill out in the afternoon since the ambience is quite quiet. 

Thanks Cousin for the treat! :) 






The Coffee Daily
75 Brighton Cresent
Serangoon Garden Estate
Tel: 6284 8894
Mon-Fri: 12pm-10.30pm
Sat-Sun: 9.30am-10.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment