Friday 17 October 2014

The King Louis Grill and Bar

It's a yearly birthday dinner affair with the secondary school BFFs, and most of the time they suggested Vivo City.

We filter out few restaurants and finally decided on The King Louis Grill and Bar since we have not tried it before.

I make reservation for 3 but I was a little late on that evening as I have been tied up with work. I had a hard time trying to locate this restaurant on the rooftop level of Vivo City. It was hidden in one corner where Daiso is located at.


The girls had already arrived and were seated long ago. I feel so bad letting them wait for me. The environment was quite quiet and we had a good view of RWS.




We noticed that the meat portion was quite huge but they have a promotion that you get one free main course with every 2 main courses ordered. So we ordered 2 meat dishes and 1 pasta. We ordered BBQ Chicken Pullet ($21.50), Provencal Porkloin ($25.50) and Princes Charles Seafood Aglio Olio ($25.90). We also ordered The Castle BBQ Wings ($13.50) and Signature Mushroom Soup ($9.50) to share. Nalyn ordered an Apple Juice, while JQ and me ordered Root Beer respectively. 



The food arrived pretty fast but the items looked quite dry. 








I think from the texture, I can kind of define the taste already. :) The pork chop was quite tough for me to cut and difficult to chew. The Seafood Agli Olio was still alright. As for the Chicken Pullet, the chicken meat is kind of dry too. I'm overall disappointed in the food. It seems as if the meat was cooked quite some time, left it aside and when customer placed their orders, it was being re-heated thus the dry texture. The most satisfying dish was the Mushroom Soup - creamy with generous bits of mushroom in it. 

So as usual, when girls meet up, we will definitely talked and gossip! Haha :p Then out of a sudden, the restaurant staffs suddenly take a slice of cake/pudding and walk towards me singing birthday song. I was so surprised and I admit I nearly cried! To be honest, it's not easy to give me surprise because I can guess it easily. This really caught me! I was kind of emotional at that instance because so much stuffs happened past one year and I feel so loved by these friend I have. 

To make me more emotional, JQ got me a Pandora Charm gift and Nalyn got me the Chomel Earring. These are my favorite accessories, I really am surprised, happy but also felt guilty they spent so much on me. Even though I do not have the love of rs, I still have the love of my friends. :) 

Thanks Nalyn for the dinner treat! I was very honest to feedback to the staff that the meat was quite dry and wasn't tasty. The service of the staffs were awesome so it did make up the minus points of the food.










Thank you ladies for the yearly dinner and the surprise you have given me. I really appreciate both of you! Cheers to many more years of friendship!









Vivocity #03-07A
Tel: 8363 5411
Sun-Thur: 12noon-10pm
Fri-Sat & Eve of PH: 12noon-11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment