Monday 9 December 2013

2013 Macau/HK Day 2

Am too busy to update the blog lately, yet at the same time I wish to update the travelogue in case I forgot the details. :( My memory is not as good as before now, not sure if it is related to my lack of food nowsaday. :p

Day 2 - we woke up around 8am and left the hotel for breakfast at 9.30am. Gab was not feeling that well so only Ching, me and KX went for breakfast. We decided to go to Senado Square which was always seen in HK movie. When we reached there, we realised that Senado Square is the place where we went on Day 1 but we missed it.

We had breakfast at the same place where we had the pork bun burger. My appetite is small now so I only had an egg & ham sandwich. I simply love the sandwich. After breakfast, we passed by the Ko Kei bakery and I decided to buy the portugese egg tart to try. 

Breakfast

Portugese egg tart

KoKei Bakery

This cart is seen in HK drama "巨轮"

After breakfast we took a cab back to hotel and pack our stuffs before we checked out around 11am. We took the hotel shuttle and arrived the ferry terminal at 11.20am. We got our tickets to HK and immediately rushed to board the ferry leaving at 11.40am. We bought the wrong tickets though, we were supposed to go Tsim Sha Tsui Ferry terminal but we went to the one in Sheung Wan (Hong Kong Island) instead. The ferry ticket costs around HKD 150 per pax. 

Ferry to Hong Kong

Interior of Ferry

Ferry Ticket

We reached Hong Kong around 12.45pm, the journey takes around 1 hour. We were late in meeting our HK Colleague, Karen so KX arranged to meet her at Tai Hing Restaurant instead. We took the MTR and rushed to the hotel for check-in. We booked Kings de Nathan Hotel which was located at Yau Ma Tei Exit C2, temple street is just behind the hotel. We were unable to check in yet so we left the luggage at the lobby then took a walk to Tai Hing Restaurant which was a distance away. I met Karen for the 1st time though we had numerous contact through emails previously.  Finally, I had my roast goose drumstick rice and HK double-boiled soup which was so delicious!


Sudden craving for this now
http://www.taihingroast.com.hk/eng/branch.php


After lunch, Karen brought us to the famous Hang Heung Pastry shop where they sell the most famous wife biscuits which everyone find it nice. We decided to go back to the shop on our 2nd last day to buy back to SG. We proceed to Mongkok after that and Karen showed us around that area before going off after that. KX went to look for his camera lens, while the rest of us went shopping! I wanted to find New Town Mall as I always get my shoes there. I wanted to get a type of boots this time round and I managed to find one which I liked alot. 


a favorite pair at SGD $32

After buying my shoes, YC & Gab wanted to look for computer accessories etc so we took the MTR to sham shui po where there is a computer centre there. We shop around for an hour plus and they finally get their items at cheaper rate than SG. We were to meet KX back at the hotel at 6.30pm so we took the MTR back to Yau Ma Tei. We reached exactly same time as KX at the hotel lobby. We collected our keys and we need to carry our luggage up the stairs to the 1st level!!! OMG~~~ we were like grumbling and I wanted took room 101 but KX put his luggage there so YC & me moved to room 104. When all see the room, they "say" me liao. Hahah... The room size was ok but maybe not that satisfactory. KX & Gab initially wanted to take the Cityview but I remembered having bad impression of the Cityview so I don't want it. YC and me unpacked before we went to the guys' room and their room is so much spacious than ours! Hmph.... KX snatched my room (I keep grumbling this to him throughout the whole trip!). LOL~~~ 

Room 104 is quite worse because the room is along the main road and we could hear vehicles on the road and people talking on the street. We stayed in the room till 8pm before taking MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui to my favorite Sweet Dynasty Restaurant! I miss the congee, desserts & bird nest egg tarts there! We each ordered a main course and KX order dishes such as sweet & sour pork, tofu etc. It was so delicious, but as usual i ate little! Boohoo ~~~ :( How I wish my tummy got more space! But I finished all 3 mini bird nest egg tarts! YUMMY!


Sweet Dynasty


Sweet Dynasty
Shop A, Hong Kong Pacific Centre, 28 Hankow Road
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon


After dinner, we walked to Harbour City because I wanted to use the washroom! Hee~~ After that, KX brought me to somewhere where I wanted to try Lan Fong Yuen Milktea, but the shop was closed already! Heard that Lan Fong Yuen Milktea is the best milktea in HK especially if you go to the branch located in Central. 



After that, we walked around TST area and went into a shopping mall. We did not realise that this shopping mall has 21 Levels. :x We only walked up till 5th level and we could not continue any further as most shops were also closed by then. We took some pictures along the way in the mall.

 
Saw this makeup products vending machine

I look cute here too, isn't it? wahaha :p

The xmas design in the mall

Candid shot by KX
We left the mall around 11pm and KX wanted to eat the famous Mak's Wanton noodles. I was so tired by then and also no space for any food. Haha but we still accompany him there. The noodles smell good but I was not hungry for any supper. :( 

Famous Mak's Noodles
麥奀雲吞麵世家
佐敦白加士街55號地下 

After supper, we walked back a short distance to our hotel. Finally, it was time to rest for the day but I had difficulties sleeping because it was very noisy along the main road! :( 

Kind of busy lately, so may need to wait some time for Day 3. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment