Wednesday 14 October 2015

Tian Kee & Co [CLOSED]

**Please note that Tian Kee & Co has closed!

Dakota Cresent - an estate full of childhood memories because this was the place my dad and mum lived in after they got married and my uncle (Dad's side) is still living in this estate all his life and I only visit him once every year during the CNY festival. 

When I knew that an old provision shop has closed down and transformed into a cafe stil retaining the old exterior design, I make it a must to go this cafe. I keep pestering the Dad to go his brother's place so I can go to this cafe as an excuse but Dad would only say "boliao". Haha!

My chance finally came when Mum and me were feeling idle on a Saturday afternoon and with the convenient Circle Line, we took the MRT to Mountbatten station and it is a 3 minute walk from Exit B.

  
My uncle is staying in one of the units here and the cafe is located not far behind the block.




Judging from the exterior, there is no air-condition and not much renovations required too. :) As the weather was quite hot & humid and I thought I was going to perspire much inside the cafe but I was wrong, there was a huge fan inside and quite cooling indeed.








My mum and me decided to try the legendary rainbow cheesecake ($7.50) and we also ordered a Half Breakfast Set ($8.90) to share. I also ordered a Iced Nuts About U ($7.00) and a Cranberry Passionfruit drink ($6.00) for Mum. 









The food and cake were good, Mum were enjoying it! It brought back too much memories for her, and she wanted to bring Dad here to try the food one of the days! As the Iced Nuts About u, the ice cubes were made of espresso and you poured the milk to match your taste of the coffee! 


There were NO service charge & GST! I would love to go back one day during dinner time to try other food varieties!













12 Dakota Cresent
#01-48 
Singapore 390012
Tue to Fri: 10am-11pm
Sat: 9am-11pm
Sun: 9am-10pm
Closed on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment