Wednesday 28 December 2016

2nd Anniversary at Cocobolo Poolside Bar + Grill

Times flies ~~~ We have known each other for 3 years but together 2 years only - our daily lives are like old couple, no gifts on occasions and spending time with each other once or twice a week only. :(

I have been feeling so tired because my house have been going through a revamp - changed the sofa, shoes cabinet, whole set of air-conditioners and now bed-frames and mattresses! The mister insisted to meet for dinner on Tuesday (actual day of anniversary), so I am quite important to him. :p 


I'm so surprised that he got a Kate Spade bag for me because he will never want to buy stuff that are too expensive (maybe only stingy to himself). I have eyed on this bag since a month ago and he knows it. :) Thank you Baby <3

We had our dinner on a Friday (23rd Dec) because he has won a dinner voucher previously by taking part in a radio station contest. Dinner was at Park Hotel, Clarke Quay area. I'm sorry that my following post may sound angry/offensive because I had encountered bad services and people cutting my queue at Taxi Stand.

I'm glad that we don't have to pay for this dinner because I will not want to spend the price on such ambience/food. :) 

The poolside are was small, there were ants on the tables and the ambience made me felt itchy all over. We told the staff about the voucher and he said it's alright and showed us to our seat. It was all BBQ stuff, salad bar and some dessert counter. I only had a steak, some sotongs, 2 prawns and that's it! I told the mister I will not go again even if it was for free. 






Halfway through the meal, the staff came and told us we cannot use the voucher because it is festive season. The voucher can only used on Fri, Sat & Sun and is valid till 29-Dec-2016 so 23rd Dec is the last day we can use the voucher since 24th is eve and 25th is public holiday. I told the staff that we are not using on the eve and they never state that 23rd is festive season. The mister was getting angry (he is a quiet person and very nice always but when he know that fault is not with him, he will argue the reason)! He demanded to see the manager - the staff went to check with another colleague and they allow us to utilise the voucher (we not gian png type, we can pay if we want). After that, NOBODY came to clear our plates or refill our water when there were not many customers! I was so angry that I wanted to leave but it was raining heavily so we had to wait till the rain stopped! Argh~~~~  I don't think I will want to go back there again!

I had a black face while walking to Clarke Quay where we wanted to have drinks - encounter another super rude service at Wings bar. I walked to the table with 3 seats but the waitress said I can only take the seat for 2. Ok Fine! Then 2 groups of 2 people came and they took those tables with 3 seats -.-" what is this?!

It really spoilt my night and luckily we managed to get a table at Shuffle Bistro Bar where I can listen to some nice songs performed by liveband

After some time there, the mister suggested HaiDiLao for Supper and oh ya, it was my 2nd HDL within a day because I had HDL with colleagues for lunch. :p This made me cheer up a little yet feel sleepy already :D

We finished at around 2.15am and while queuing at the taxi stand, there were many people who were drunk and they were still in the queue. While it was my turn, I saw this lady dressed in sleeveless top and denim jeans who were pretending to text suddenly appeared in front of me and the next thing I knew is, she walked to the taxi and got in. I immediately shouted "Oei! Cut queue, you don't know how to queue up is it!". The taxi coordinator knew what was happening but he was stunned too. The guilty lady dare not look at me - I just wanted to make her malu of her own actions. I should have just got in the passenger seat and demand her to get off the cab (my mood was super bad that day!).

Thinking of it, I still feel 不甘心 to let someone cut my queue while waiting for taxis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment