Friday 16 May 2014

The Fabulous Baker Boy Cafe

So we arranged to meet on a Saturday for brunch, the 3 of us hardly meet and of course also seldom on a weekend. It was good that we were free on a Saturday and Sophie joined us too! I haven't seen the little lady ever since September 2013. She was still a month old baby that time. How time flies~~~

I have selected a few cafes for brunch and we decided on The Fabulous Baker Boy Cafe in the end. It was quite convenient by public transport. It is located opposite Liang Court, at the foot of Fort Canning Hills. I met up with Grace to take the MRT to Clarke Quay station where we walked over to Liang Court. It was scorching hot and we shared an umbrella under the hot sun (we need to protect our skin against the UV rays). 

We cross over to the other side of Liang Court and went in to the cafe to wait for Jia first since we had made a reservation. Yes, you saw correctly! You can make a reservation for this cafe in advance. I made the reservation for 11.30am, but we were to return the table at 1pm. I guess because many people were there on weekends for brunch.

Exterior of the Cafe

They are famous for cakes given the name Fabulous BAKER Boy

Bottle of water available on every table

Interior of the cafe

The menu which were laminated and place on a clip file

I ordered a cappuccino ($5.40) first while waiting for Jia & Sophie.  The cappuccino was still alright, not one of the best I had in my opinion. But if I were to choose again, I will not order the cappuccino.

Cappuccino with too much foam

Jia & Sophie arrived shortly after! Am so happy to see Sophie, so long did not see her and she grown so much. 

We proceed to place our orders so Jia ordered a latte ($5.40) and Chilli Crab Mac & Cheese ($18). Grace and me ordered the Fab Egg Benedict ($16.50) which is poached egg with smoked salmon on toast. Jia's order came first, and from first look of it, it is quite a small portion and doesn't look appetising. It was not very nice, because it was cold and taste a little bland. Our egg benedict came later and it was considered good, because I love egg benedict on toast instead of muffin. The toast was crispy and goes well with the egg benedict. I guess egg benedicts everywhere is the same, just poached egg on toast with hollandaise sauce. It comes with potatoes too which are good.

Chilli Crab Mac & Cheese

Fab Egg Benedict
  

Besides the egg benedict, I don't think I will be back to this cafe any time soon. The prices for the pasta are a little overpriced though. Maybe they are more popular for the cakes? I shall go try the cakes in future. :)


The Fabulous Baker Boy
The foothills, 70 River Valley Road
(opposite Liang Court)
#01-15
Tel: 6694 8336

Tue to Thurs: 11am to 10 pm
Fri-Sat: 11 am to 11pm
Sun: 9 am to 5pm
Brunch/Lunch Till 2:30 pm
Tea Till 4:30 pm 

CLOSED ON MONDAYS
CLOSED from 4:30 pm to 6 pm Daily


How can we leave out a group photo? :p So here it is...


A selfie with Sophie - she is the main lead.


OOTD: 
Top - Dressabelle
Bottom - Cotton On
Sunglass - Armani


Till my next post... I found out few new cafes near where I stayed and shall write reviews on them soon!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment