Tuesday 17 June 2014

One Man Coffee - Cafe at Upper Thomson Road

I have heard of this cafe some time ago and I think it is less than a year old. I did went the other time but it was kind of small indoor so I went to Habitat Coffee the other time.

I used to walk past this stretch of shophouses and this place serves Pizza at night so I guess One Man Coffee is sharing the rental. So it is a cafe during day time and a Pizza bistro in the evening! If you are not able to find this cafe, it is just few doors away from Habitat Coffee.  

CRUST is where One Man Coffee is located at

Really love this outdoor seat but the heat is unbearable so I prefer indoor seat



 I was meeting the cousin & Ms lim for KTV that day and Ms lim suggested brunch at this cafe as she ate there once before and it was good. Ms lim reached first and got us seats and we bumped into her 3rd sis who's having brunch there with her son.


Menu

There was not much selections on the menu. Ms lim wanted to try the Brioche French Toast with Homemade Berry Compote, Candied Walnuts & Fresh Cream ($10) + Iced Mocha with extra shot ($7.50). Huishan ordered the Big Brekkie ($12) + Butter Mushrooms add-on ($2) and a Iced Mocha ($6.50). I finally decided on GasHouse Egg with Bacon Jam [Egg-in-the-bread-with-the-hole-in-the-middle] ($10) + Butter Mushrooms add-on ($2) and a Cappuccino ($4.50). 三姐 ordered a Toasted Honey Ham & Cheese Croissant ($6) + an Organic Cola ($6).

Place order & make payment at the counter





The prices are NETT price with NO service charge & GST! Thanks 三姐 for this treat. :)

My cappuccino




I can say this is added to one of the best cappuccinos on my list now. I love the coffee taste/aroma of this cafe brew. 

Iced Mocha

I tried the Iced Mocha a little and it is really nice! It is not so sweet and the chocolate taste is not very strong either, just nice and one of the nice mocha I ever had. 

Toasted Honey Ham & Cheese Croissant

GasHouse Egg with Bacon Jam

Brioche French Toast with Homemade Berry Compote, Candied Walnuts & Fresh Cream

Big Brekkie

Organic Cola

Affaogato $5

I heard that the Toasted Honey Ham & Cheese croissant is quite good, I'm going to try that next time! Ms lim cut a portion of her french toast for me, and I must said the taste is quite special, something worth to try if you are heading there. As for the toast with egg in the hole, it is really good especially with the bacon jam which is unique. I'm not a fan of bacon but this bacon is chopped into pieces and look sort of like hei-bi-hiam and goes well with the toast! As for the big brekkie, I think it is quite common except that the toast was a little hard but the 6-minute egg was quite good. One more thing to mention, the butter mushroom which I added on was quite good! I really love this cafe. 

It can get very crowded and if you can bear the heat, you should be able to get an outdoor seat, else I will prefer the indoor seats instead! 

Our Sunday Brunch




One Man Coffee
215R Upper Thomson Road
Tel: 9658 1685
9am-5pm daily
 



**CASH & NETS only

No comments:

Post a Comment