Saturday 23 August 2014

Selfish Gene Cafe

Selfish Gene Cafe - hmm, first thought to me was the name is so weird! :p But because of the weird name, it also caught my attention to try out this cafe. I have been planning to try out this cafe for some time but plan always fell through. The cousin dated me for brunch on a Sunday so I suggested this cafe which was located at Craig Road in Tanjong Pagar area.

When we arrived that area around 12 noon, it was quite a quiet area compared to the busy scenes on normal weekdays. We began searching for the cafe located along the shophouses. I finally saw it - 40 Craig Road!



The exterior of the cafe gave a very antique feel, and it was quite a peaceful & serenity Sunday afternoon in that cafe. 

There was not much crowd too, as we got a table easily for 2!



Simple menu were given to us, and it did take me quite some time to decide what I want. I decided to order a cappuccino ($5) and a Eggs Royale ($16), the cousin ordered a Ice Mocha ($7) and Breakfast Plate ($15). She had to go to the counter to place order, she was treating me that day. Thanks Couzzie! :) 

I was snapping away some photos in the cafe. 




32 was the food waiting tag provided to us. Oh ya another great news is this cafe does not charged Service Charge and GST! All the items on the menu were NETT Price! :)

The waiting time wasn't long and the service of the staffs were considered OK.





The coffee were pretty ok, above average. The breakfast were good, though I really liked what the cousin was having. I'm not really a fan of scrambled egg because i'm afraid it will be too milky for me and I will get sick of it. The Egg Royale was quite good too since it's like normal Egg Benedict on Multi-Grain bread. I do not like the usual English Muffin because I'm afraid the eggs will soak the muffin till soggy so I will never egg benedict on english muffin. I can be a little picky when it comes to breakfast given the amount paid. 

It was a great catch-up session with the cousin too. Till the next!






40 Craig Road
Tel: 6423 1324
Mon-Fri: 10am-5.30pm
Sat-Sun: 9am-5pm

No comments:

Post a Comment