Monday 22 September 2014

Le Cusine - A Celebrity Chef Restaurant

I have always been a "fan" of Chef Eric Teo & Chef Daniel after watching the cooking variety shows on Channel 8, the food always look so good and I bet it tastes yummy too. 

Chef Daniel had opened a restaurant few years ago at the top level of the then Illuma and it closed down last year, BUT I'm glad I did tried the food at that branch. Food was still ok, it was a little pricey though. BUT at least I tried it before it closed down. :)

So after Chinatown Point was revamped, I heard that Chef Daniel has set up another restaurant there, so I decided to head there for dinner on a Friday night. 




The exterior design of the restaurant looks great, isn't it? It looks like a cozy European garden. :) We were lucky to get a table for two without reservations and menus were given to us pretty fast. There were so much selections and kind of difficult to finalise what I wanna eat. I decided on a chicken dish that day!



Oh ya, the main course includes a Soup-of-the-day which was Tomato soup that day. 

I ordered a Oven Baked Spring Chicken ($15.50), a Chamomile Tea ($3) and a Aloe Vera Jelly ($5.50) for dessert. Mr Pang ordered the Spaghetti Chilli Crab Sauce ($15.50), a Peppermint tea ($3) and a Creme Brulee ($4.50).

The food did not take long, and while waiting for the food, Chef Daniel came out from the kitchen too and he's quite a friendly person. 

The soups and drinks came first! 




The soup were pretty good, rich in Tomato flavour and I kind of like it. But the bread which comes with the soup was dry and hard, not crispy at all. 





I was not disappointed by the food! The chicken was crispy on the outside, tender and moist on the inside. I do not need to dip the meat in any chilli sauce etc, as the sauce that comes with it bring the flavour out. I also tried a little of the Spaghetti in Chilli Crab sauce, it's really awesome! The sauce taste a little spicy and really goes well with the spaghetti - something which I wanna go back to eat again!

We finished the main course pretty fast because we were famished by then. We chatted for a while while waiting for desserts to be served.



The desserts look pretty, aren't they? The aloe vera jelly is refreshing with a few fruits combination. But the portion is quite big, I'm not able to finish it all. :( As for the creme brulee (this is one of my favourite dessert in life), it tastes really good. The egg is smooth and silky, another plus point! 

I will come back again to this restaurant and intending to bring my family here to try the food which are really tasty in my opinion. :)

 Oh ya, they have private room dining option too if you have a large crowd, I guess. 









Chinatown Point
133 New Bridge Road
#B2-34/36 
Singapore 059413
Tel: 6538 1963
Opening Hours: 11.00am to 3.00pm – Lunch
                         3.00pm to 6.00pm – High Tea
                         6.00pm to 10.00pm – Dinner




No comments:

Post a Comment