Monday 16 November 2015

Bev C Cafe - Cafe-Hunting in Johor Bahru!

I have neglected this space for some time because I'm so busy with work and exercises lately! I have gotten more new projects at work and also signed up KFIT app for exercises almost everyday, BUT I do still go food-exploring often! At the rate of the places I have explored, I don't think I can speed up on my blog. :p 

So on my birthday actual day, my mister brought me across the causeway to spend time with me and bring me to places which I'm interested to explore! 

We were adventurous to venture into the streets near City Square Mall where it was a little intimidating initially for me. But lucky I have the mister with me, so I still felt a little safe. There were plenty of cafes and good food in Jalan Dhoby area which is in the opposite direction from Jalan Wong Ah Fook. 

When we first walked along the first streets, you will see that the streets are full of Indian shops, temples etc and if you walk further in, it is another different experience! There are plenty of vintage/theme cafes and traditional shops too. 




 The first thing I'm looking for is the traditional confectionery shop which sells woodfire buns/banana cake. After asking a cafe owner, I found it!


The shop was closing at 5pm, most of the buns were sold out :( Luckily the banana cake were available so I got it! We bought 2 larges boxes and 2 small boxes. I heard from the boss that the buns would be available everyday at 11am and sold out by 2pm. I'm going to try my luck next time (there are long queues everyday too). 

AND the banana cake taste really good and moist!





Hiap Joo Bakery
13 Jalan Tan Hiok Nee
Tel:  +60 7-223 1703





 After our happy purchases, I was browsing the area as there were so many cafes to go to. I finally decided on BEV C, the 1st level was a retail shop selling their own fashion brand and the 2nd level was a cafe. ^^

The stairs going up was a little steep and it was quite a cozy cafe.






The interior was quite dim though. After settling down, I ordered the Chocolate Mint Pie [RM 12.90], Espresso Ice Cube Drink [[RM 12.90] and Ginger Ice Cube Drink [RM 12.90]



 It looks appealing to me and taste good too, better than Windowsill Pies. 


I love the Espresso Ice Cubes, as the ice cubes melt, it doesn't dilute the drink. :) I can add in the milk slowly as and when I want to match the taste.



As for the Ginger Ice Cube, I do not like it. I can taste spicy ginger in this drink and I don't like that taste. :( It was also difficult for the mister to like it initially, but after a while, he gotten used to that taste. Maybe I can try the Lemon Tea Ice Cubes next time.  




Bev C'afe
54, Jalan Tan Hiok Nee, Bandar Johor Bahru, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Tel: +60 7-221 3530
Tue-Thur, Sun: 12noon-8pm
Fri-Sat: 12noon-10pm
Closed on Monday







The mister had a very nice haircut at KSL mall while I did my Gelish Manicure!

 




Thank you for the memorable birthday trip, and thank you for being mine, I really appreciate all that you have done. My Best Friend, My Lover, My Soulmate-to-be <3

No comments:

Post a Comment