Wednesday 30 April 2014

Cafés in Thomson Estate

I'm thankful for comments left in the blog from strangers or even friends who message me to motivate me on writing more food & travel adventures. Most of all, I will continue to stay strong!

As many of us know, weekend brunches (all day breakfast) are in trend now and more cafes are appearing in Singapore. It would be nice to chill out in a cafe reading a book and having a cup of my favorite cappuccino. I certainly look forward to that on my leave day. :)

Upper Thomson is near to where I stayed and I have been to some of the cafes there for brunch past one year and I decided to do a blog post on them now.  


Habitat Coffee 

I guess many of you have heard of Habitat Coffee by now! Yes, it is one of the popular cafes now and also my favorite at the moment! The prices are acceptable for such brunches and the food is superlicious yummy! 

Habitat Coffee Menu

Cashier/Cakes area of Habitat Coffee

Lemon Up - Ice lemon tea + 7up; Ice Longan Fusion Tea


The Big Ben $14

It is usually crowded and I think they do not take reservations. We had to wait 20min-30min usually for vacant table which is fast in my opinion.

Another cafe which I want to recommend also in the same area just further down and across the road near the Thomson Community Centre is Little Pancakes.


Habitat Coffee
223 Upper Thomson Road
Tue-Fri: 11am-10.30pm
Sat-Sun: 10.30am-10.30pm
Closed on Monday
Tel: 6456 2567



Little Pancakes


I have heard of this cafe some time ago but have never tried it before. I decided to go have a try while waiting for Habitat Coffee to have vacant table for us. We ordered one item to share and lucky we only ordered ONE! The pancake decoration looks nice but not for the taste. I'm not a pancake/waffle person, but when I have it, I look for the quality & the taste of it. The pancakes at Little Pancake does not have that kind of pancake fragrant smell and the pancakes taste dry. It was a little disappointing though. But the coffee made up for it, I love the tiramisu latte and the hazelnut latte. :)   


Interior of Little Pancakes

Tiramisu Latte

Fruity Pancakes $8.90

Entrance of Little Pancakes

Little Pancakes
200 Upper Thomson Road
#01-04
Thomson Imperial Court
Tel: 6258 8515
Mon: 13:00 - 23:00
Wed - Fri: 13:00 - 23:00
Sat: 11:00 - 23:00
Sun: 11:00 - 21:00  
  



Old School Delights

Another place which I want to recommend near Habitat Coffee is Old School Delights. From the name, I believe you can guess that the interior of the cafe is related to the 80s/90s style and is very Old School Style. The utensils/cutleries used are those which can be found in my Ah Ma's house. 

They have games such as five stones, card games such as 'Old Maid', 'Donkey' and those erasers with the countries names which we used to play when we were in Primary school. 

Menu & Games (credits to Nerissa for this photo)

The food are local delights and taste quite good but the prices are slightly overpriced in my opinion. 

Mee Rebus

Laksa

Nasi Lemak

They also do have a varieties of cakes and their banana cakes are quite yummy too. I will do a more detailed writeup next time if I go there again. 


Old School Delights
215M Upper Thomson Road
Tel: 6458 4518
Tue-Fri: 11.30am-10.30pm
Sat-Sun: 11am-10.30pm 



OOTD: Top - Dressabelle; Skort - Purpur

No comments:

Post a Comment