Thursday 8 May 2014

Hatched @ Holland V

I have heard of Hatched Cafe at Evans Road near Botanic Garden few years ago, but have not been to there to try it because it is slightly out of the way for me.

I know they opened another Hatched cafe at Holland Village 2-3 years ago and I do passed by there few times, but did not go in to try it as there are many other restaurants/cafe in the vicinity.

I went to Dr Lee's clinic for a blood test one of the day during lunch and decided to try Hatched cafe for the first time. 

It was a dim-lit cozy cafe and there was not much customers even though it was lunch hours. 

Outside of the Cafe

One corner of the cafe





I ordered a single Sir Egg Benedict and a Cappuccino. In my own opinion, it was a disappointment. The cappuccino does not have those fragrant coffee smell and it tasted sour. I drank cappuccino quite frequently and this was not one of the better ones I had. For the Sir Egg Benedict, the egg tasted quite bland, I found myself forcing to finish/swallow it. I guess it would be my first and last time to Hatched. I have heard of reviews that this cafe standard has dropped, I'm not sure of the branch at Evans Road though. The price is slightly pricey too, a single Egg Benedict cost $13 whereas other cafes cost the same price for 2 egg benedict. 

Cappuccino $5

Sir Egg Benedict $13


Hatched @ Holland Village
267 Holland Avenue
Tel: 6463 0012
Tue-Sun: 9am-11pm
Closed on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment