Friday 2 May 2014

Lola's Cafe @ 5 Simon Road (Kovan)

Great news to peeps living in the north-east region of Singapore! You do not have to travel too far to the nearest cafe for brunch now. There's this Lola's Cafe which is around 9 months old situated in Kovan area across from Heartland mall. For those staying around that area, you do not have to travel to NEX now for your caffeine fix or brunch craving! :)

This cafe is situated along the shophouses across from heartland mall, next to the Kovan Residences Condo.

The cafe is situated along this stretch of the road

I was there on my leave day and went early in case it was too crowded. I reached around 11.20am and it was already very crowded with customers and people queuing for a table. They have an Ipad system which you entered your name and contact number and they will call you once a table is available. After inputting my details, I went for a walk nearby and received an automated call from the cafe that a table is available for me! The whole waiting time took around 20 minutes (please note it varies, it could take up to 2 hours waiting time on certain busy day as what the staff told me).

The cafe is quite small so I think it would be acceptable be for 2-4 paxs. It would be uncomfortable for a larger group. 

The design at one corner of the cafe

Interior wall design of the cafe

Coffee/Cashier's Area

The cafe is quite small

Love this couch with the rainbow cushion

Lola's Cafe

As it was my first time to this cafe, the girl serving me was quite nice to recommend some of their famous in-house items. I wanted to order cappuccino but their coffee machine was under maintenance so no coffee drinks were available. That is such a disappointment! I will go back there again another day to try the coffee.

The girl recommended me the Iced Marigold Round drink ($4.50) & Iced Sparkling Strawberry drink ($4.50). I ordered a Avocado Eggs Benedict ($15) and she also recommended me the Breakfast Butter Croissant ($13). I was not disappointed by her recommendation. Both the drinks had a refreshing taste and it was not sweet too! It was a first time eating Avocado Eggs Benedict and the taste was good too. The eggs blend well with the avocado on toast. As for the Breakfast Butter Croissant, I love it so much! It has such a strong fragrant buttery smell/taste and blends well with the scrambled egg, ham & bacon in it. The croissant bread was crispy too and not too soft which is to my liking! I'm salivating at the thought of it now. 

Iced Sparkling Strawberry

Iced Marigold Round

Breakfast Butter Croissant

There's scrambled egg, ham & bacon in it

Avocado Eggs Benedict
  
Reservations is available for weekdays and they served brunch till 3pm. They do not take reservations for Friday night, Weekends & Public Holidays. Another good thing is there are no service charge or GST, all items are NETT price! Please also do bring more cash or use NETS as they do not accept credit card.

Another plus thing is - their service are simply awesome! Friendly & accommodating staffs. :) 

I love the food served in this cafe, and I will go back there again! You guys should go try it too. 


Lola's Cafe
5 Simon Road
Tel: 6343 1808

Sun, Tue-Thur: 10am-11.30pm
Fri-Sat: 10am-12midnight
Closed on Monday   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment