Monday 7 September 2015

49seats @ Bugis Plus

This is an outdated post since July and I thought I better penned it down first in case I forgot about it. I happened to chance across this restaurant online and suggested this place to meet up with Jia & Grace. 

49seats? I guess they only have 49 seats in the restaurant? This is a small restaurant located on the rooftop of Bugis Plus (Chef Daniel's restaurant used to be at the rooftop too but he has shifted to Chinatown Point). 


The exterior looks pretty good but inside is quite small and walking space between seats are quite limited though. 





This restaurant has a simple design but looks cozy enough. As Grace will be late, so Jia and me decided to order Cheese fries ($7.90) and the soup of the day (mushroom soup) + drink set ($4.90) first. 

 Each person will have to order a main course if you want to order the soup + drink set, so we told the staff we will order the main course later.



The soup taste pretty good, quite flavorful but a little salty. The cheese fries was good too, with plenty of cheesy sauce but we still can't finish it. 

After Grace arrived, we placed our order for the main course. Jia and me decided to try their famous Tom Yum Seafood Pasta ($14.90) and Grace tried the Creamy Smoke Duck Pasta ($14.90). I think the Tom Yum pasta was a little overrated? My verdict is I don't like it, it does taste sour & spicy but a little too creamy and I get sick of it after a few mouthfuls, I did not finish it. The Creamy Smoke Duck pasta was not bad but also too creamy. 






It was a good meetup with the girls and there were always so much topics to talk about! I'm really grateful for this friendship which I will always treasure them :D




Fyi, there's no service charge & GST at 49seats!








#07-04 Bugis+
201 Victoria Street
Singapore 188067
Tel: 6884 4633
Mon - Fri: 11:30 - 14:30
Mon - Fri: 17:30 - 22:00
Sat & Sun: 11:00 - 22:00

No comments:

Post a Comment