Wednesday 16 September 2015

Authentic Japanese Cuisine - Katananshi An

When we went to Vanilla Cafe one of the night for supper (I'm sorry I haven't blogged on  that yet), the mister chanced upon this small restaurant with a lot of Japanese customers. He said if there are so many Japanese visiting the restaurant, the food must be good and authentic to suit the Japanese taste. I took a glance at the menu, the prices were acceptable so we made up our mind to try it one day.

We went there on 2 separate occasions but there were no parking slots available so we were not fated to try the food. Finally on the 3rd occasion, we went there around 9pm and were glad to get a parking slot right across from the restaurant! 

I actually forgot to take a photo of the exterior but it is a small unit right at the corner of the shophouse.

Interior *credits to Google*

I was famished already by 9.20pm and I was thinking of rice which was not on the menu?! I  felt so *malu* to ask the staff if they serve rice or udon etc. The staff told me they serve items in small portion (like tapas?), so we took some time before ordering. 

Sashimi Salad  $8.90

Ika (squid) with Mentai Sauce $5.90

Agedashi Tofu $6.90

Grilled Chicken $8.90

The staff made some recommendations and we ordered the above 4 items to share. Although they were small portion, but it was quite filling at the end. I love the IKA with mentai sauce the most and that was the "special of the day", meaning that it is not available everyday. All I can say is the prices are totally worth and the food is really good that I want to bring my Japanese friends there next time! :)








Katananshi An
1 Boon Tat Street
Singapore  069611
Tel: 6221 5101
Mon-Fri: 11.30am-2.30pm
              5.00pm-10.30pm
Sat: 5.00pm-10.30pm
Closed on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment